Do I need a visa?
A standard vistor visa will be sufficient for the large majority of conference speakers and attendees. The official information can be foudn via: https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa. You can apply for a Standard Visitor visa if you want to visit the UK for a conference, meeting or training.
When to apply for visa?
The earliest you can apply is 3 months before you travel. We most strongly encourage you to apply not earlier, but also not later. You should get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks. The UK government publishes guide processing times for each country.
How to apply for visa?
To apply for a visit visa to the UK, you need to:
- Complete the on-line application form
- Pay for the visa fee
- Print out your application form
- Book and attend an appointment at a visa application centre
A Letter of Invitation is a proof that your paper submission and registration
application are accepted by the conference committee board. It perhaps could
help with your visa application. However, it does not guarantee you a visa. The
invitation leter will be issued ONLY after you have registered and full payment
has been received.Rejection of visa application cannot be the reason to require
1. The invitation letter will be issued after the successful registration.
2. Your name must be listed exactly as it appears on your passport. Any differences between the name on your passport and the name on your invitation letter or other documentation could lead to a delay and/or denial of your visa.
3. Please note ICMSN Conference and the organizing committee are not authorized to assist with the VISA process beyond providing the Notification of Invitation Letter issued by ICMSN. Should your application be denied, ICMSN Conference and the organizing committee cannot change the decision of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, nor will ICMSN Conference and the organizing committee engage in discussion or correspondence with the MOFA or the Embassy on behalf of the applicant. The registration fee cannot be refunded when the VISA application of individual being denied.
4. It takes time for the Embassy to process the VISA application, please register as early as you can to make sure you have enough time for visa processing.